While trying to think of ways to generate more new content for my blog, I realized something that in retrospect should have been a no-brainer. I’m seeing hundreds of links daily on the internet through Google Reader, Twitter, Facebook and elsewhere… so why not round up my favorite ones and share them here? Anyway, this might be a bit of a shaky beginning but I’d love to get into the habit of doing this weekly. I read a lot about food, so expect to see some of that here, in addition to articles about education and life in general.
- 5 Steps to Eating Healthy, the Stonesoup Way - I always look forward to hearing Jules’ tips on eating well, and her recipes are always so creative and delicious. (stonesoup)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Birthday Cake for One: Happy 4th Birthday Picky Palate! – On another note, this post has little to do with eating healthily. Nonetheless, sometimes we all need/deserve a treat! (Picky Palate)
- Snap Painting is Very Messy in Preschool – I see lots of preschool activities on the internet, but snap painting was new to me. Looks fun, and… messy! (Teach Preschool)
- Starting Something from Nothing – Trent from The Simple Dollar discusses his ambitious and interesting entrepreneurial experiment for the next year or so. Some commenters don’t think it’s such a great idea. (The Simple Dollar)
- The Candification of Our Food: The Case of the Fruit-less Fruit Snack – Might seem like a no-brainer to some, but this article has some insights that everyone should think about, especially parents of young children. (The Atlantic)
- How to be a Vocal Advocate for your Arts Program – Art teachers and teachers integrating the arts, take note. Good basic tips for making sure you and your students get what they need.
Well, that should do it for now. Thanks for reading!